It's that time of the year - the days are getting shorter and it's starting to cool off a bit in Central Indiana. The triathlon, mountain biking, and road racing seasons are wrapping up. The holidays are going to be upon us soon, which generally means a busy time of the year with a lot of calories. Things even slow down a little bit here in the Vector Cycle Works studio. Other than the cyclocross folks, bike commuters, and hardcore riders, it's the time of year when we start to spend a bit less time on our bikes and maybe even put them away for a few months.
In my opinion, this is an opportunity. This is the time to get in to Vector Cycle Works. Here are a few reasons why:
Get a head start on your next season.Bike fitting at Vector Cycle Works is not a "one and done" deal - it's a partnership. If you are looking at improving for next season, this is a great opportunity to get ahead. A CoreFit or ForeverFit bike fit can help you establish a comfortable and efficient foundation for winter training, so you can build your engine for your best season yet. With the Vector Cycle Works ForeverFit and Functional Movement services, you can maximize your work off the bike to improve your performance and experience on the bike.
You still remember what hurts.If you've been out riding regularly and dealing with knee pain, saddle issues, back pain, numbness, or any of the many other cycling-related issues cyclists tend to accept as "that's just how it's supposed to be", now is a great time to get a fit while you still remember what bothers you. Maybe the saddle has been an issue, or maybe you just want to try something else. This is your chance to make those changes - with a CoreFit or ForeverFit bike fit or a free saddle test, we can establish a base to get you more comfortable now and follow-up when you start really ramping up your riding again.
There are great deals to be had on a bike right now.I was talking with a few of the local bike shops this week and they've got some really nice bikes priced to move. The 2018 models are coming out now and the remaining 2017s are being offered at a really good price. If you are thinking about getting a new bike, this is a great time to do a RightBike session to find out what fits you best.
Focus on your function.As an FMS (Functional Movement Systems) pro and guy who deals with a lot of pain, I'm a big advocate of understanding how our bodies work, recognizing our deficiencies, and doing the appropriate work to overcome our limits. With FMS, we can do some work off the bike to improve our overall daily function and experience on the bike. Most of my customers want to just get on the bike and hammer out the miles. I see a ton of hip dysfunction that is holding people back from being their best. A little bit of work to establish balance within the body can help prevent injury, improve comfort, and improve performance. It's a matter of understanding what you need and focusing on that. With FMS sessions or ForeverFit, you get a functional training plan that might be just 10 minutes a day to improve you overall. It's really cool stuff. Whether you are managing pain or looking to get those last few watts, an FMS plan designed specifically for you can help you make big gains with a small investment in time and money.
You can learn to love trainer season.I geek out about trainers and training with power. If you are interested in getting a trainer, Vector Cycle Works is a dealer for Kinetic, Wahoo, Tacx, CycleOps, Elite, and a few others. Indoor training doesn't have to be awful. With a trainer purchase, I will come to your house (in the central Indiana area), set up your trainer, and help you get connected with your choice of software to make your indoor training effective. There are really great tools available, and I'm here to help you sort through those and find the best one for you.
The lines aren't as long.
One of the challenges at Vector Cycle Works is that there can be as much as a 6-8 week wait to get in. There isn't right now - it's down to just a couple of weeks. If you want to get in, now's the time to do it! If you're not sure where to start, here's what I would do:
- If you don't have a bike or want a new one, schedule a RightBike session. We will spend about two hours getting an understanding of your goals and sizing you up to find your happy place in space. You will then get a list of bikes (it usually takes me a few days) that will fit you. You can then go out and get that bike. Bring your RightBike report with and the shops can usually set it up according to your report so you can test ride. The cost of your RightBike session ($100) will apply to a subsequent CoreFit or ForeverFit bike fit.
- Do a free saddle test. If you haven't experienced a saddle that fits you well, you don't know what you're missing. Try out one or all of the 75 different saddles available and find the one that feels the best.
- Once you've got yourself some good equipment, it's time to schedule a CoreFit bike fit. The CoreFit bike fit service is $150 and is as comprehensive as for what others are charging $250-400. CoreFit offers a lot of value for the money. It's a great way to establish a Vector Cycle Works partnership. We will delve deep into understanding your body
- Get some time in now before it's too cold to ride, or maybe start some indoor training. Maybe use your free CoreFit follow up to tweak things a bit.
- Upgrade to ForeverFit. You can upgrade from CoreFit to ForeverFit for the cost difference, which is currently $150. You will get the ForeverFit guarantee for as long as you own the bike, and you'll get a Functional Movement Screen and a 6-week functional training plan. You can use this to help make bigger gains as you get ready for next year.
When it comes down to it, I'm here to help. I often say that I'm an evangelist for cycling and healthy living before I'm a bike fitter. I do bike fitting because I love helping people enjoy riding a bike. Regardless of your abilities or riding experience, you can get more out of your ride. I'd love to help! If you have questions, you can call me at 317-833-0702 or e-mail me at email@example.com and we can get a better understanding of your goals and come up with a plan that will help you reach them.
Or, if you are ready to take the plunge, you can schedule at https://vectorcycleworks.appointlet.com. See you soon!